After all of my plans for the 4th of July disappeared I was left with a favorite holiday and nothing to do. I was also left with a pile of misery and pain since my long-time boyfriend had cut things off suddenly. We had a great relationship and were always happy. Sure we fought sometimes, but we never let our heads hit the pillow until we worked out whatever mess existed.
It was the day that Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett left Earth and I was starting to think that it was the end of the world for all of us. A week of tears, stomach aches and very little sleep followed. It wasn't until I gave up all hope of convincing him that we should be together that I finally was able to start the healing process.
Here I am today, the day after my favorite holiday of July 4th with a smile on my face. Sure things haven't been going the way I wanted, but I'm ready to attempt this fresh start. From this post on there will be no more negativity in my life (or if there is, it won't be spoken of). I'm looking on the bright side of life and will find something positive out of every negative because there is always more than one way to look at something.
As for today, I can say that I had a 100% fabulous 4th of July! I spent the day as a third wheel with my best friend and her boyfriend. I know that doesn't sound fun, but we went to an AMUSEMENT park! One I hadn't been to in nearly 10 years. Rides and a water park all day followed by the best fireworks show I've seen! We were surrounded by fireworks. Legal and illegal. Once I thought that I wanted to cry because he should have been with me at that very moment, but I'm a single woman now and I am strong. As much as I miss everything about him, I am ready to take down the world for ME! We are entering a new era and I WILL be happy. Even if it kills me.
Today I have to go to work, but hey, that just means more human interaction and an endless supply of iced coffee at no charge. Life is good. And I am positive.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
A Fresh New Start
Labels:
4th of july,
amusement parks,
fireworks,
michael jackson,
positivity,
the story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment